Sunday, May 27, 2007

Watch out for the portcullis-- It bites!





Main Entry: port·cul·lis
Pronunciation: port-'k&-l&s
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English port colice, from Anglo-French porte coliz, literally, sliding door
: a grating of iron hung over the gateway of a fortified place and lowered between grooves to prevent passage



The gods were against me it seems-- or at least had a really really wicked sense of humor. In our "adventuring" today, I got caught in a portcullis trap, not once, not twice, but three times! The first time it happened was just plain stupid. The second time it happened was stupider (and yes, in this instance, that is a word. Trust me.). The third time... well, the third time I laughed so hard I cried. Me and portcullises (portculli?): Man, we have issues.

I don't think I want to be a master of this game. I mean, it's the stupid fumbling and bumbling like this that makes it so much fun. ;-)

No comments: