Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy 30th Anniversary, Star Wars!





I really didn't think I'd live to see the day...

Wow. Thirty years already? Has it been that long? What a long strange trip it's been.

I remember in one of my classes in school-- I don't even remember which grade it was or which class-- we were asked to write a short essay about something that changed our life. I wrote about Star Wars. Later, I felt a bit silly; after all, some people wrote about the death of grandparent, or other seemingly more significant things. But now that I think about it, that movie was pretty significant. I stopped reading Nancy Drew books and started reading science fiction. I paid attention to the space program. It changed what I thought about and who my friends were. I went to Sci Fi conventions and a whole new world opened up. If I hadn't seen this movie, I would be a different person. I am "different" because of this movie.

Viva la difference! ;-)

By the way, Star Wars is not such a sacred cow that I can't take a little humor. Check out this 30-second Star Wars with bunnies!

Oh, and another by the way: I can still do my hair like Princess Leia!

;-)

No comments: