Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Cinema Etiquette 101


My son and I went to the movies last night--Ocean's 13. I haven't seen the first two, but that didn't seem to matter. I got up to speed fairly quickly and enjoyed the flick.

But that wasn't the problem. The problem was the rude teenage girls at the end of our row. One in particular kept talking on her cell phone and then running to the emergency exit. "Are you there yet? Is that you knocking?" She must have done this three times, letting in at least a half dozen or more conspirators.

The third time I leaned over and gave her a meaningful look. I think she got the hint, because she shut down her phone after that. But I was this close--*this close* I tell you--to going over there and giving her a piece of my mind. I'm not afraid of some twiggy little 15-year-old... with a dozen or so friends to back her up... I would have told her that if I heard another peep out of her or her friends or her damn phone I would tell the manager. I would have told her! Yeah.

Kids these days. [grumble]

You know, it's enough to make me want to stick to going out to Rated-R movies only, in order to avoid the adolescents. Unfortunately, they get in to see those movies, too. And then there are those *idiots* who bring their screaming babies.... Oh, and then there was some guy who was snoring--I mean *really* snoring-- about halfway through the flick. I am beginning to understand why most people just stay home and wait for the DVD.

Ocean's 13 was like ginger ale--sparkly, sharp, burns on its way down, with a nice gingery finish. Enough said.



35 Days to Lift-Off

No comments: