Sunday, June 3, 2007

All the Magic I Have Known

Magic

Sandra's seen a leprechaun,
Eddie touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlie found some goblins' gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susie spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known
I've had to make myself.

~Shel Silverstein


Today I stood on my back patio and blew bubbles. (My neighbors upstairs blow smoke; I blow bubbles, which I think is infinitely better). I bought a couple of big bottles from the store yesterday. One is blueberry flavored (blueberry smelling?) and the other is pineapple. I used the blueberry one today. It smells very nice. There is something magical about bubbles. They are so beautiful, so ephemeral-- sadly, so short lived. I came to the conclusion that one simply cannot be depressed while blowing bubbles. It's magic, pure and simple.

I had my first band practice today. That was magical, too. ;-)

2 comments:

Deborah J. Ross said...

Bubbles are pretty special. But blowing them requires you to breathe, and that's inspiring (excuse the pun) in itself.

مازیار said...

I love this poem by Shel Silverstein.
Bubbles are fun too, it is long time I haven't done it though. There is a shop close to where I work that does automatic bubbles in the sidewalk as a means of grabbing attention. love it.