Wednesday, February 20, 2008

There's a Kind of Hush



I just realized that I went through this entire day and never gave a thought to my erstwhile marriage.

I've been divorced for ten years, and was married for ten years before that. If I'd have stayed married, this would have been our 20th anniversary.

Go on. Pinch me. I don't feel a damn thing.

A friend of mine once told me that he kept a bottle of champagne in his fridge so that he could celebrate small victories at a moment's notice. I tried that. The same bottle sat there for years. I guess I've never been very good at celebrating the little victories. I keep waiting for something big to happen.

The thing is, my life has never been better than what it is right now. I'm exploring my own personal Final Frontier and enjoying it. So. Very. Much. Too bad they don't make Hallmark cards for that.

Maybe the big thing I've been waiting for is already here. It's My Life. Maybe I should be opening that champagne bottle every day....




(....but oooh! what a headache that would be....)

No comments: