Monday, April 9, 2007

Take time out to smell the flowers...


...but don't get too close!

Last week, a beautiful bouquet of flowers was delivered to the theatre; however, due to a lack of communication with the florist, it was delivered too late to be given to the artist it was requested for. So they were given to me. Very nice!

So I have this huge, gorgeous bouquet of lilies in my office, and they smell absolutely fabulous. They are so intoxicating that I just had to go over and smell each blossom. And you know what, they each have a slightly different scent! Neat.

So I turn back to my work, and next thing I know, I notice that I have this powdery, orange-yellow dust all over the back of my hands. Then I turn around and look in the mirror and the same powder is all over my face! It's pollen, of course. But when I go to wipe it off, I find it has turned my skin bright yellow!

This is what I get for taking time out to smell flowers!
(Actually, I am finding that with a little bit of water, the yellow is mostly coming off... mostly.)

And now my mind is drifting toward the fate of certain Hollywood starlets run afoul of flower pollen: Dorothy in the poppy field, for example; or perhaps when Judy Robinson is duplicated by the plant people...

If you happen to find that my office has been taken over by a giant lily, you will come by and make sure I get plenty of water, won't you?


No comments: