Saturday, August 2, 2008

(Not Exactly) Cloverfield?


Terrifying monster attacks New York!

Well... one dead monster, actually, washed upon the shore...

An odd beast... Part dog... Part turtle?

I don't know... It looks fake to me, although witnesses are swearing that it's true. That head and flipper look pasted on, either photoshopped or otherwise.

I would think a marine biologist would look at that and say that no creature living in the sea would need shoulders and elbows like that... or legs, for that matter.

I'm skeptical. It's not that I don't want there to be mysterious undersea creatures. I think there are some. But I think they would be more blubbery with big googly eyes (or no eyes?) and tentacles... something that would bespeak living at the bottom of the sea.

And the body's disappeared. Why doesn't anyone phone a science lab when stuff like this turns up. Animal control? They called animal control? The guys who scrape squirrels off the highway and take stray dogs to the pound?

I'm voting "hoax."




28 Days til the Burn!

No comments: