Thursday, August 14, 2008

Electra Bunny

My rabbit has developed a fondness for chewing on electrical cords. This mystifies me. To date she has chewed through the cords of our Christmas tree, one lamp, and my phone charger, as well as making constant attempts with maddening consistency to get behind the entertainment center to chew the cords there.

First Question: Why isn't she dead? One would think biting through an electric cord *with your teeth* would be enough to short anyone out of existence.

Second Question: Why does she do it? Electrical cords can't possibly taste very good. And I can't imagine they resemble anything in nature that a rabbit would naturally be attracted to. Watership Down just didn't cover this bit.

Fortunately, I have developed the skill of stripping electrical cords, reattaching the wires, and repairing them with electrical tape. Because I'm talented like that.

Third Question: Why does she keep doing it? After being zapped the first time--and not dying--I would think the shock would be enough of a deterrent to keep her from coming back for more. But she keeps doing it.

I can only imagine that she has developed a taste for the stuff. I have a rabbit addicted to electroshock: Nibble. Zap. Ooh. What a rush.




16 Days til the Burn!

No comments: