Friday, June 5, 2009

Frolicking at Filoli



Today, the weather stayed nice long enough for some friends and I to enjoy Filoli, an English estate and gardens in Woodside, some 30 miles south of San Francisco.

Filoli is created from the motto: FIght for a just cause, LOve your fellow man, LIve a good life.

I never knew this place was here. How did this go undiscovered for so long? It's like a little piece of Europe plunked down right in my backyard. Inside the house was a ballroom and a library and *huge* fireplaces and art... Outside were gardens with winding paths and secret doorways and trickily fountains. All the roses had names, and the trees, too. (Each had little nameplates to tell visitors what they were.) But one tree I had to name myself. I called it the Merlin tree because it looked like the tree Nimue trapped Merlin in.

It was a beautiful day, and we came away refreshed in spirit, body, and mind. We will return. Oh, yes. We will.



92 Days til the Burn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I remember that tree. ;)