Sunday, September 9, 2007

Starlight, Starbright...


You know, every time I read a reviewer's complaint that a movie's plotline is too "convoluted", I begin to wonder if they all have the mental capacity of a teaspoon. Stardust was brilliantly executed, with a very straightforward plot, and, from what I can remember, follows the book closely (with only a few minor variants). Charlie Cox is charming as the young hero, Claire Danes is quite fetching as a blonde and simply can do no wrong in my book, and Michelle Pfeiffer exceeds expectations in a role that was clearly written just for her. This one has a spot reserved on my DVD shelf for sure.

Two thumbs way up!


P.S. Of course, the Number One reason to see this film is Robert De Niro! He is perfectly hilarious!





1 comment:

Badger said...

Hi Tanja,
I've been wanting to see this and haven't yet. It is only playing in a few theatres now, it seems. I usually avoid seeing previews as much as possible for films I intend to see. Hope to see this soon.

Glad to have you blogging again.

Oh, yeah, and about the teaspoon...I agree.