Saturday, July 7, 2007

I've Got My Sistahs in Me

Today, my sister treated me to a "Spa Day" in Los Gatos, and I have to say, It. Was. Fabulous. Everything was all trickily fountains and soft music and glowing candlelight and big overstuffed chairs with rich upholstery... and that was just the "library." (Hell, I'd pay good money just to go and sit in their library every day).

I know I try to play it off like I don't need the frills, like "People spend money on this? Pffh." But after an experience like this, I am reminded I really am a princess at heart. If I were a Woman of a Certain Means, I'd be in there every week. Maybe every day. (Okay, maybe that's a little excessive).

After our glorious spa experience, we met a couple of our girlfriends for lunch. This was something like a Very Merry Un-Birthday for me, because I will be turning 40 in a few weeks. One of the girls asked what I want 40 to be for me and, well, I'm already doing it, aren't I? Some people do triathlons or buy sports cars or throw big parties. I decided last year that when I turned 40, I wanted to be on the other side of the planet. And I will be. I believe I will be in Copenhagen that day. I also bought a ticket for Burning Man, but that seems very distant right now. My trip is looming so much larger as the date of my departure gets closer.

What do I want 40 to be for me? That will take it's own post, I think. There is so much I want to learn and do and explore and be. But more than that, it means so much to me to be able to share those experiences with my friends. Aye, they are lovely all.



10 Days til Lift-Off

1 comment:

doodlegirl said...

i just experienced my first SPA day, too!!! (and i'm in my mid 40s... yiiiiikes!). But it was so incredible. Happy birthday to you (soon!) My birthday is coming up, too, on July 23rd. Wishing you a wonderful year!!!