Sunday, March 2, 2008

Life in the Bubble



True story.

This friend of a friend of a friend of mine was working at Disneyland in some kind of customer service capacity. And a lady, a visitor to the park, comes up to her and says,

"Do you think you could turn the wind down?"

Yes. That's what she said.

It gets better.

She went on to say, "Listen, I know you're not supposed to talk about the bubble, but I know it's there, so would you please just tell someone to turn down the wind? My mother is feeling chilled."

What universe does this lady live in? What bubble? Is Disneyland under glass? Did she pass through an airlock? Or is this an *invisible* bubble? Or possibly *magic*?

I know Walt would have a good laugh about this. I think I'll go visit his cryogenically frozen head and tell him all about it. I'm not supposed to talk about that, but since you know now you can come, too.





1 comment:

Badger said...

That's a good one. Some people do truly live on another planet.

I was once checking out of a hotel at the Mexican Pacific Coast resort of Mazatlan. The weather had been clear and warm for the two days I'd been there, but this morning it was overcast and cloudy. As I was leaving, I overheard an America woman who was checking into the hotel asking the clerk(in an antogonized tone) "Is it going to be like this all week?" Like it was HIS fault that it was cloudy. The guy just stared at her and tried to be polite as possible. Some people! Sheesh!