Tuesday, November 27, 2007

So Much Better

Elton dancing to ELO's "Mr. Blue Sky"

"So there you go--turns out I've had the most terrible things happen. And the most brilliant things. Sometimes, well, I can't tell the difference. They're all the same thing--they're just . . . me.

"You know Stephen King said once, he said, 'Salvation and damnation are the same thing,' and I never knew what he meant. But I do now. [...]

"But the thing is [...] what I wanted to say is . . . you know when you're a kid they tell you it's all grow up, get a job, get married, get a house, have a kid, and that's it.

"No . . . But truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker, and so much madder . . .

"And so much better."

~Elton Pope, Doctor Who, Second Season, "Love and Monsters"





No comments: