Sunday, October 7, 2007

SiliCon 2007

This weekend was a success on many different levels. Not only did I get to attend SiliCon nearly every day, but I also managed to slip away and attend my friends Dave & Deborah's annual Harvest Festival on Saturday night *and* managed to grade about 25 papers for one of my GA classes as well. Oh, yeah, and I also had to go into work on Sunday afternoon-- a really lovely community concert was presented featuring two pianos, a flutist, and a soprano. They performed the story of Hans Christian Anderson's The Snow Queen. It was fabulous!

No, I did not get any sleep. Not until about 12am Monday morning. But this weekend was worth it.

Good friends, good food, good fun, serendipity and splendor...

To Tracy Newby: You're my hero. Thanks for watching out for my kid.

To Jenkins: You owe me a fish taco. And maybe a song or two...





No comments: