Wednesday, August 29, 2007

He'll never work in this town again!

Figures something like this would happen the year I decide to go to Burning Man.

Where's the tar and feathers? Shall we have a real Burning Man this year? What an ass! He looks so smug in his picture, too.

Two consolations:

One: Burning Man people are artistic and clever and will have a replacement up by the time I get there.

Two: Burning Man people will remember and curse his name. I'm sure he will not only be banned from the Playa for life, but he may never work in this town again.

I hope the curse nips at his heels all the way to that rock he's going to have to live under for the rest of his days.




1 Day til Burning Man

1 comment:

Mischief said...

I too got the news on my way to the Playa... Fortunately in terms of impact on the event, it doesn't really matter. First, the Man itself is just one of a thousand things to do and see in Black Rock City. Second, it was rebuilt within about 2 days.

The upsetting part of this is both the general vandalism (don't like BM? don't set fire to it, just don't go!) and the serious risk he put others at. Whenever something big is set on fire at BM the volunteer rangers set up a safety perimeter, sweep it carefully, and maintain that perimeter throughout the time the fire poses a danger. People can and do die when those precautions are not taken.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your time out there and I'd love to hear your impressions! I'll send you a link to my condensed BM experience (pics and video clips) once I've uploaded it.